- Except in relation to the provisions of clause 20 of the Terms, we will only accept the return of any product(s) which we find to be defective, within 6 (six) months of delivery of such product(s) to you. You may either return the product(s) to the store from which the product(s) was purchased or have the product(s) delivered to us, at your cost, to the following address:
Cecile and Boyds cc t/a Cecile and Boyd
253 Florida Road
Please inform us via email of any intended returns prior to despatch to allow us to track the product(s). Please ensure that the returned package contains your name, as well as a contact number. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE RISK OF LOSS OF THE PRODUCT(S) WHILE ON ROUTE TO US WILL REMAIN WITH YOU UNTIL AN AUTHORISED REPRESENTATIVE OF CECILE AND BOYD ACCEPTS DELIVERY THEREOF. Please note that all items must be wrapped in original packaging, or properly wrapped to protect goods during transportation.
- Upon receipt of the product(s), we will carefully examine the product(s) and contact you within 14 business days thereafter to discuss whether, in our view, the product(s) are defective. Should we determine that the product(s) are defective, we will gladly repair or replace the product(s), or refund the purchase price of the product(s) to you, and will compensate you for the reasonable delivery cost incurred by you for the return of the product(s) to us (if any).
- If the product(s) is found NOT to be defective, you will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund and you will be liable for the costs incurred by us in having such product(s) redelivered to you including any incidental charges or fees which may be applicable such as packaging and/or insurance costs.
- Please note that the following are examples of things which will NOT be regarded as defects and will NOT entitle you to any repair or replacement of a product(s) or a refund of the purchase price:
- a slight difference of colour or texture from product to product, resulting from the use of materials which may have natural flaws such as wood, stone or leather;
- non-defective products that have been “made to order”;
- a product that has been damaged as a result of inadequate care by you, incorrect use by you, or as a result of your negligence in our sole opinion;
- a product that you or any other person has altered, repaired, used, incorporated or added to where such alteration, repair, incorporation or addition has not been authorised by us; and/or
- a product, where by their nature of being handmade artefacts, have cracks, repair marks and/or imperfections which are a fundamental element of the artefact and which adds to the intrinsic value of the piece, will NOT be considered to be a defect.
- If the incorrect product is delivered to you in error (i.e. it is not the product you purchased), please do not remove the product from its original packaging. Please promptly contact us, so that we may resolve the error by arranging to collect such product from you and deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible.